Initiated in 2003 by the World Trade Center Algiers ,the Export Trophy distinguishes the Algerian Companies operating in non-oil sectors for their performance and originality in export.
The Export Trophy is part of the general policy of WTCA in its role of promoting business in the international trade field .
Indeed, the objectives of this event are essentially based on :
• International Trade promotion
• The dynamization of the initiative spirit regarding the Export
• The promotion of companies of all sizes that have been operating for several years a real thoughtful approach to export,
• The interest of serving as a model for Algerian companies with export ambitions
• Encouraging all initiatives to promote Algerian non-hydrocarbon exports.
The Export Trophy is annually attributed to a legally incorporated Algerian company that has significantly demonstrated :
• a dynamic to Export
• a share in the turnover reserved for the export
• a staff assigned to export operations
• an export penetration strategy
• advertising actions dedicated to export
• market research launch
• new customers compared to the previous year
• new countries / destinations compared to the previous year
• The participation in specialized fairs and exhibitions abroad
• Prospecting actions to conquer new markets
• a dynamic of growth in export turnover
The Jury :
The Trophy is awarded by a jury composed of representatives of :
• WTC Algiers / the organiser
• The National Association of Algerian Exporters
• The Algerian Customs
• The Algerian Chamber for Trade & Industry
• the National Agency for the Promotion of Foreign Trade
• The Algerian Businessmen Forum .
The Procedure of election :
The jury meets around several sesssions to select the Algerian companies according to above mentionned criteria .
Going through the selection , 12 companies are preselected to compete for 5 Trophy awards :
• The Export Trophy
• Trophy of encouragement
• Sectorial Trophy ( 1 st - 2 nd )
• Special Jury Trophy / generally for Jvs
The 12 companies have to fill a form to be returned for a final election of 5 companies .
The D- day
The Export trophy ceremony is celebrated around a gala diner with 300 guests among them , Government Representatives , Sponsors guests , Nominees , Main exporting companies , Medias …… .